Take the phrase: "Go against the grain," and re-word it, or 'fracture' it. You may come up with: "Move in opposition to the wood's texture." That is what a Fractured Phrase is! Below you will find more Fractured Phrases - read each one and decipher it's meaning. Pass your mouse over the question marks (???) and the answer will be revealed! Have fun thinking and playing with words!
1. Understand the cords! ???
2. Scissor something from its place. ???
3. Final drinking tube ???
4. Peruse words below one line but above another ???
5. A blue jay in the fist is twice as valuable as one in the shrub ???
6. Winesap of one's oculus ???
7. Verdant from coveting ???
8. Recapture one's respiration ???
9. Confront the tune ???
10. To heap disparagement upon a wound ???
11. To be maintained in the total eclipse ???
12. Initial items at the beginning ???
13. Absence of sound is aureate ???
14. Anguish adores association ???
15. When the elm topples, there it will remain ???
16. Diversity is the seasoning of existence ???
17. Dual immoral acts do not constitute moral propriety ???
18. Oily ladle ???
19. Immature around the breathing apparatus ???
20. Put more combustible fluid on the blaze ???