The following puzzles were created by Mr. Terry Stickels, a renown syndicated puzzle writer ( USA WEEKEND magazine and King Features
Syndicate ) who has written 35 puzzle books. Some of his puzzles are published here with his permission. Please visit his site and take a look at his
wonderful puzzle books, they are located HERE.
19. At a recent gathering of friends, there were nine more women
than men. If the ratio of women to men was 5 to 2, how many men and women were at the party?
20. Which one of the numbers below would you eventually expect
to see, if the sequence continued in this pattern?
606, 612, 618, 624,
630, 636, ...
B) 75,282 C) 4,862 D)
21. A number can be divided into 56 and 82 and have the same
remainder. What is the lowest positive two-digit number that makes this true?
22. What is the probability of tossing a coin three times and the
outcome being one head and two tails (in any order)?
B) 1/4 C) 3/8 D) 5/8
23. What number comes next? Hint: Think of both letters and
1, 4, 3, 11, 15, 13, 17, ?
24. What number comes next in this "prime time" sequence
12 20 28
44 52 68
25. A bucket filled with water weighs 25lbs. When one-half of the
water is poured out, the bucket and remaining water weigh 13.5 lbs. How much does the bucket weigh?