The following puzzles were created by Mr. Terry Stickels, a renown syndicated puzzle writer ( USA WEEKEND magazine and King Features
Syndicate ) who has written 35 puzzle books. Some of his puzzles are published here with his permission. Please visit his site and take a look at his
wonderful puzzle books, they are located HERE.
10. A baseball team is getting ready to ship some gear to the
spring training site. To start, the equipment manager is making sure each player has four different practice jerseys, three different pairs of pants,
three different pairs of socks and two warm-up jackets. How many different combinations does that potentially provide for each player if 1 jersey, 1 pair of pants, 1 pair of
socks and 1 warm-up jacket must be worn each day?
11. What number comes next in this
7 22 29
51 80 ?
A) 100 B) 121
C) 131 D) -3
12. When I open my new math book, the product of the two
numbered pages facing me is 2,756. What are the two page numbers?
13. Using four 4's and any math symbols and operations, can you
devise an equation whose answer is 39?
14. Find three consecutive, positive whole numbers such that the
sum of the first and third numbers is 1,136.
15. Counting by threes, and starting with 1, results in the
sequence 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, ....What is the 374th number in this sequence?
16. A survey of 50 kids showed that 25 liked basketball, 20 liked
baseball and 12 liked both sports. How many kids didn't like either sport?
17. Using four 4's and any math symbols and operations, can you
devise an equation whose answer is 23?
18. I'm thinking of a fraction where 5/9 is 7/8 of that fraction.
What is it?