at Just Riddles and More...!
This is where riddles go when they retire! --- At least at Just Riddles and More...! These riddles were put on our site because they had no solutions - but now they have been solved - many times and to make room for new riddles - these riddles have been retired to these pages. We include some of the best answers for these riddles. Have fun!!
From: Tay5214- My first is in split but is not in tear.
My second is in apple and also in pear.
My third is in bitter but is not in sour.
My fourth is in moment but is not in hour.
My fifth is in quadrant as well as in square.
My sixth is in circus but is not in fair.
My seventh is in shine and also in sheen.
My whole you will see has leaves that are green.
Has two exactly correct answers - what are they
ANSWER: Lettuce and Spinach
2. From: Micol- What can go around the world without once moving from the corner?
ANSWER: A stamp on an envelope mailed.
3. From: Barbie: Two men enter a bar and order the exact same drink fixed the exact same way. One guy guzzles his down in a matter of seconds (thirsty fool), and the other takes his time. The guy who guzzles his down lives and the other guy dies. Why?
ANSWER: There is poison in the ice cubes and the guy who guzzles, well, his ice doesn't get a chance to melt, thus releasing the poison. The other guy, however, drinks slowly and the ice melts, thus poisoning the drink and the guy.
4. From: Lou: A man walking his dog through a forest comes across a cabin. Inside, he finds two men dead in their chairs. How did they die?
ANSWER: The cabin is the cabin from an airplane and the two men are pilot and co-pilot; plane crashed, killing the pilots and they remained in their plane seats.
5. From: Christine- In a room you have a candle, an oil lamp, and wood in a fireplace, but you only have one match. What do you light first?
ANSWER: You would light the match of course!
6. From: skae: I can see but have no eyes, I can hear but have no ears, I can smell but have no nose, I am boundless but am confined, I can feel love, happiness ,sorrow and pain but yet I feel nothing. What am I?
ANSWER: The brain.
7. From: Thehardyz123- What happens when you throw a green rock into the red sea?
ANSWER: It gets wet!
8. From: Danelia- If a child is born in Boston MA, and his parents are born in Boston MA, yet he is not an American citizen; how is that possible?
ANSWER: This child was born before the United States was organized.
9. From: Animor9344- I have two arms, but fingers none. I have two feet, but cannot run. I carry well, but I have found I carry best with my feet OFF the ground. What am I?
ANSWER: A wheelbarrow
10. From: DoOkie104- I am pronounced as one letter, but written with three, only two different letters are used to make me. I'm double, I'm single, I'm black, blue, and gray. I'm read from both ends and the same either way.
ANSWER: the word is EYE.
11. From: DoOkie104: I live above a star, and yet I never burn; I have neighbors, and yet none of them turn. I am visited in sequence, first, last or in between,; PRS (& sometimes Q) are my initials. N now tell me what am I?
ANSWER: The number 7 on a telephone dial.
12. What gets wetter as it dries?
ANSWER: A sponge or towel.
13. From: Josh -The more you have of it, the less you see.
ANSWER: Darkness or night
14. From: drama007 and GPat907292- What is the name of the only mammal that can't fly that can fly?
ANSWER: A human being - can't fly but does fly in an airplane, etc.
From: SoftlinkComputer- Never quite what I first seem to be
A mystery to all who examine me
Clues I have, for those with wit
A puzzle with pieces that cannot fit.
ANSWER: A riddle!
16. From: IRISHPRIDE323- YOU LEAVE HOME TAKE THREE LEFTS AND WHEN YOU RETURN TWO PEOPLE IN MASKS ARE THERE. WHO ARE THEY
ANSWER: Baseball players in a game being played by you!
17. From: SMaier9203- I can be this, and you can be this. And, yes, we can be this. He can't be this and she can't be this. And no, they can't be this. Dogs can't be this, but cats can. And a kitten can't be this, but a puppy can. Givers can't be this, but beggars can. And humility can't be this, but greed can. Not even peace can be this, but fear can. What is "this?"
ANSWER: All the words that CAN BE are all words that use letters on the same side of the keyboard. The words that CAN'T be are split between both sides of the keyboard.
18. A boy and his father get into a car crash. The father dies, but the boy is rushed to the hospital for surgery. When the boy gets there, the sugeon says, "I cannot operate on my own son." How can this be?
ANSWER: The surgeon is the boy's MOTHER - kind of unexpected.
19. From: Butofcourseric- A warrior amongst the flowers, he bears a thrusting sword. He uses it whenever he must to defend his golden hoard.
ANSWER: A bumble bee
20. From: AEnriqpino- find a ten letter word that stars with gas?
21. From: Never ahead, ever behind, yet flying swiftly past; for a child, I last forever; for an adult, I'm gone too fast. What am I?
From: Lilteepea- How quickly can you find out what is unusual about this
paragraph? It looks so ordinary that
you would think that nothing is wrong with it at all-- and, in fact, nothing is. But it is a bit odd. Why? If you study it
and think about it, you may find out, but I am not going
to assist you in any way. You must
do it without any coaching. No doubt, if you work at it for long, it will dawn on
you. Who knows?
ANSWER: This paragraph does not have the letter E in it even though the letter E is one of the most commonly used letters in English language.
23. From: Lilteepea- There is a man in a room dead with 53 bicycles in front of him what happened?
ANSWER: He was killed during a poker game - he was caught cheating! Rough game!! (The bicycles are the famed poker playing cards - name brand.)
24. From: Maslyn- there was a hawk that wanted water from a canister, but because of its long beak, it could not reach the bottom to get the water. So the big bird made many trips away and came back after each trip. On its last trip, it could reach the water in the bottom and comfortably got a drink. How did the hawk do it?
ANSWER: The hawk kept bringing pebbles and dropping them into the container. As the pebbles increased, the level of water rose to a height that the hawk could reach.
25. From: Maslyn-a man was defiled by an all powerful queen because the queen loved him but the man was married so she couldn't have him. So the queen turned him into a rose bush, the exact replica or two other rose bushes: exactly the same shape, # of flowers, smell - exact replicas. At night, the man could turn back into a man and go visit his wife. The wife got sick of it and begged the queen to restore her husband. Taking pity, the queen said that if the wife could chose her husband from the other two rose bushes, the man could become a man all the time again. The wife talked it over with her husband and he was agreeable. So, at dawn, the wife went where the husband had been turned into the rose bush and where "he" was among the other two exact same rose bushes. She chose which one was her husband after a quick look at each of the bushes. She had no idea previously of where he was located in comparison to the others, and she did not watch him walk back to his "spot". How did she know which one her husband was?
ANSWER: He was the flower with no dew on it, for he spent the night with his wife.
GO TO THE NEXT PAGE OF RETIRED RIDDLES
GO BACK TO THE RIDDLES MAIN PAGE