978. A man carrying a 2-liter bottle of soda is stopped by a policeman and
a grocery store clerk in front of his house and is accused, according to the store clerk, of stealing the bottle of soda and running out of
the store all the way to his home. The man said he had just bought it from the convenience store across the street from his house and
he had simply walked home. The policeman asked the man to open the bottle and quickly deduced that the man stole the bottle from the grocery store.
979. Carol, a private eye who never ceases to astound everyone by how
quickly she can wrap up a case, is out to solve yet another crime. It seems that someone has mischievously hacked into the
online database maintained by the Many Dollar Mucho Dinero Corporation, and changed their password. The hacker then sent
an untraceable e-mail that read: "Doctors divine dominion darts doom dealing demon devotees 55244522." Within a few
minutes Carol has found the new password, allowing the company to get back on track. And everybody said, "She Did it again"
What was the password? Hint: It is an actual word.
980. Jennifer has peculiar tastes. She likes people who are plump but not those who are fat. She likes to wear pearls but not diamonds. She likes limericks but not haiku, and she prefers Mapplethorpe to Avedon. What's her rationale for likes and dislikes?
981. A friend called the Great Detective with the following message: "Hello; enjoying local people. I now can even look like a resident. Talk later." The Great Detective immediately knew where his friend was. How?
984. The following definitions require some thought. The explanation
includes all the facts. Ex: To study; twisted rope. Answer = Pore. (The word "rope" twisted into "pore.")
Solve this one:
An Ursus is in the middle. Can't do it.
986. What two words, formed from different arrangements of the same six letters,
can be used to complete the second sentence below?
The handyman found a brass bucket with a broken handle. He was able to _________ the handle so the bucket could be ___________.