903. Change the second letter of each pair of words below to create two new
words. Then put the new letter on the line between them. When you have finished, you will have a new word, reading down. (Ex: bet ____
bat = bat a hat).
LINE _____ MATE
BLAND _____ CLIME
COST _____ MOST
BRAND _____ BROWN
905. Fill in each of the blanks with a word that means the same as the words on
(a financial instrument) ______ (to verify)
(the basic structure of a building) ______ (a holder around a picture)
906. Jerry went out to the hardware store to buy some needed supplies. He spent half of what he had plus $2.00 in the first store; half of what he had left plus $1.00 in the second store; half of what he had left plus $1.00 in the third store; and in the last store, half of all he had. Three dollars were left over. How much money did he start with?
909. Five friends with suitable names - Doe, Deer, Hare, Boar, and Roe, are coming
back from an animal spotting party with five animals of the same names; each has spotted one animal, not corresponding to his own name, and each has missed seeing another
differently named animal, again not corresponding to his own name.
·The deer was spotted by the hunter who has the name of the animal spotted by Roe.
·The doe was spotted by the hunter who has the name of the animal not seen by Hare.
·Deer, who missed seeing a roe, was very disappointed to spot only a hare.
Can you figure out which hunter spotted which animal?
910. Start with the number of rings sent on the fifth day of Christmas, multiply by the maximum number of "little Indians," and add the maximum number of bottles "hanging on the wall." What's the answer?
911. Julia is as old as John will be when Julia is twice as
old as John was when Julia's age was half the sum of their present ages.
John is as old as Julia was when John was half the age he will be 10 years from now.
How old are John and Julia?
913. Six years ago, Rachel was three times Ryan's age. Now Ryan is two-thirds of her age. Six years from now, Ryan will be seven-ninths of Rachel's age; 24 years from now, he will be eight-ninths of Rachel's age. If Rachel is not yet a teenager, how old are Rachel and Ryan now.