856. Take a word that means "quantity," remove one letter
and find a color.
Take a word that means "piece of cord," remove one letter and find a sharp sensation.
857. Quickly now, besides the words giggle, gaggle, and goggles,
can you think of another common word that has three G's?
858. What number divided into 311, 368, 444, and 672 will always
leave the same remainder?
859. What common four-letter word can be placed in front of each of
the words below to form new words?
860. Insert +, -, x, and or parentheses between the digits to make
22,848. No operator between two numbers forms a multi-digit number ( 3 4 with no -, +, etc. becomes 34 ).
1 2 3 4 5 6 = 22,848
861. All the vowels (including "y") have been removed
from the following proverb. Can you read it?
B R D N T H H N D S W R T H T W N T H B S H
862. Which of the words below fits with the following set 1, 2, 3,
863. A knight in the Middles Ages is talking with a king. The
knight says, "if you give me five of your shields, I will have twice as many shields as you. If I give you two of my
shields, I will have one quarter as many shields as you." How many shields do the knight and the king each have to begin with?
864. Molly is buying some new fishing equipment at a sporting goods
store where there is a sale. Everything in the store is 25% off, and cash purchases receive another 25% off the sale price. What
will Molly pay in cash for fishing equipment with a pre-sale price of $100?
865. John gets to spend the rest of his math class time in the
library if he can solve the sequence below. Can you help him?
8, 61, 42, 23, 04, 84, ?
866. The names of three women are squashed together into one big
867. What letter comes next in the following sequence?
B C D G J O P Q R S ?
868. James is now his mother's age if the digits are reversed. Only
a year ago, James was exactly one-half his mother's age. How old are they now?
869. Choose the correct letter from each clue in the rhyme below. When put in order, the four letters will spell the answer to the
My first is in want but not in hand.
My second in whistle but not in band.
My third in Susan you'll surely see.
My fourth in hope and also he.
My whole is something we often make
On lighted candles on a cake.
_ _ _ _
870. What is the number that is one more than one-fifth of
one-third of one-half of one-tenth of 2,700?