826. Find the number that best completes the following sequence.
1 4 9
16 _ 36
827. Jody is now two-thirds Jim's age. In five years, she will be
three-fourths his age and five years ago she was half his age. How old are they now?
828. Fill in the blanks to complete the following word.
_ X _ _ N _ N _ _ A _ _ Y
829. What one three-letter word can be added to the blanks below to make a new
word in each case?
830. Each face of a cube, numbered 1 through 6, is to painted either red or
blue. How many different possible painted combinations are there, from all blue faces to all red face and every combination in between?
831. Place the following languages in order of popularity (number of people
speaking the language).
SPANISH, CHINESE (MANDARIN), ENGLISH
832. Can you think of any words that are spelled with four letter O's?
833. Insert standard mathematical symbols, like + and x, to make this statement
true ( if you don't put a symbol between digits, then they become a multi-digit number ):
54243 = 234
834. A father names his first four children, in order of birth:
CARL, AMBER, MITCH, ISADORE
Each name progresses to the next using a rule. Which of the following
names will the father give his next child?
SUSAN, MARVIN, ROBIN, JAKE
835. Unscramble these letters to name the visionary who said, "it's kind of
fun to do the impossible."
836. Jill likes bananas more than grapes, calculus better than trigonometry, and
her friend Cliff better than her friend Mike. She would rather visit England than Sweden, and she prefers the guitar to the oboe. Moreover, she
likes jazz more than rock, the color blue more than red, oat bread more than white bread, and daffodils more than daisies. Can you figure out what rule
Jill uses to make her choices?
837. What is the lowest common denominator of:
1/10, 1/9, 1/8, 1/7,
1/6, 1/5, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 ?
838. One of the fruits below does not belong with the rest. Which is the odd
839. Can you think of a number that when doubled becomes 1/2 the square of the
840. Can you think of a number that when doubled has a difference of 24 from its