676. A fireman is running to get a net under a lady who looks like she might jump off the balcony of her 20 story apartment building. There is nothing below her except a 20 story fall. The fireman is still 100 yards away when she falls and can't nearly get there in time. The woman is not hurt more than a bruise. How is that possible?
677. This puzzle is one just like on our web site that we call teasers, it uses
only the initials of the major words in a phrase. What is the phrase? ( example: "26 L in the A" = 26 letters in the Alphabet. )
3 N in an AC
679. A simple substitution code has been used to conceal a
"quote." Work out the code to decipher the words.
9 8-1-20-5 20-8-9-19 6-1-20 6-18-5-5 4-9-5-20 13-25 23-9-6-5 8-1-19 16-21-20 13-5 15-14.
680. There are three numbers hidden in the sentences below. Can you find
them? The letters are in consecutive order.
Throw the problem off. I've always felt women were able to pass even the worst situation and make it better.
682. All of the vowels have been removed from the following rather cynical
statement, and the remaining letters have been broken into groups of three letters each. Reconstruct the sentence. Hint: the words
in the sentence are NOT all three letter words, because they are in groups of three, most words are blended together.
PDS TRN SCM NTW SRT STH QCK NDT HDD
683. Ann is now exactly two-fifths of her older sister's age, and two years from now she will be one-half of her older sister's age. Conversely, two years ago, Ann was only one-fourth the age of her older sister's age at that time. How old is Ann now? (She's a fairly young child, by the way.)
689. At Sloppy Joe's Restaurant a customer was shocked to find a fly in his coffee. He sent the waiter back for a fresh cup. After his first sip, the customer pounded on the table and shouted: "This is the same cup of coffee I had before!" How could he tell?
690. A chessboard has squares that are two inches by two inches. What is the diameter of the largest circle that can be drawn on the board in such a way that the circle's circumference is entirely on black squares?