663. Find the word that fits the first definition, then add a "D" in
front of it to make a new word that matches the second definition.
Place a "D" in front of a fruit, and spackle with color.
Place a "D" in front of a friend or helper, and start to waste time.
664. Six clerks sell 24 boxes of tree ornaments in two hours. Assuming all the sales proceed at the same speed, how many clerks will the owner need to clear out the remaining 100 boxes in the next two hours?
667. What 2 words, formed from different arrangements of the same nine letters,
will complete the sentence below?
The book was simply _______________ ahead of its competitors, as it had had nine _______________ already.
672. Bob was paddling his canoe upstream at at constant rate. After six miles, the wind blew his hat into the stream. Thinking that he had no chance to recover his hat, he continued upstream for six more miles before turning back. he continued rowing at the same rate on his return trip and overtook his hat at exactly the same spot where he began his journey eight hours earlier. What was the velocity of the stream?
674. A farmer had a stone that he used to measure grain on his scale. One day his neighbor borrowed the stone, and when he returned it, it was broken into four pieces. The neighbor was very apologetic, but the farmer thanked the neighbor for doing him a big favor. The farmer said that now he can measure his grain in one pound increments starting at one pound all the way to forty pounds using these four stones. How much do the four stones weigh?