50. Detective Hobbs is on the trail of the guilty party who has perpetrated some atrocious puns. "Intent to deceive" is the charge, and he is now interrogating 3 suspects. George says, "I'm innocent---Jane is too." Jane says, "Sally did it, and George is innocent." Sally says, "I'm innocent and Jane did it." The guilty one lied, and the innocent both told the truth. Who is the perpetrator?
52. What is the 4-digit number (no zeros) in which the first and last digits are the same, the second digit is half the sum of the second and the fourth, and the last digit is half the sum of the first and third? (the sum of all the digits is 24).
53. Find the word that fits the first definition, then add a "w" in front of it
to make a new word that matches the second definition:
Place a "w" in front of the definition for "everybody," and get part of a building.
Place a "w" in front of a number, and get avoir-dupois.
56. My wife and I can't seem to get our watches to work properly. Hers consistently runs one minute per hour fast, and mine runs two minutes per hour slow. This morning we nearly missed a wedding because our watches were an hour apart and we looked at the slower one. How many hours had elapsed since we set both of them properly?
57. What is the 5-digit number (including a zero) in which the sum of the first and last digits equals the sum of the third and fourth digits, the third subtracted from the first gives you the second, and the last digit subtracted from the first gives you the second? (The sum of all the digits is 36.)
58. Here are 5 facts about 4 delightful girls:
1. Bertha is younger than the dancer, who lives directly west of Jemima.
2. The dancer lives directly north of Miss Pugh, who lives exactly 5 miles from Hattie, who lives exactly 2 miles from the singer.
3. The pianist is older than Miss Chandler and Chloe is older than the actress.
4. Hattie is older than Miss Judd, who lives exactly 3 miles from Jemima, who lives directly south of Miss Benn.
5. The fact that all girls are delightful has nothing to do with the following 2 questions.
How far does Chloe live from Bertha? Which girl is the oldest?
60. Jenn didn't like to tell her age, so when she was asked, her mother answered for her. Her mother said, "I'm just seven times as old as she is now. In 20 years, she'll be just half the age that I will be then." How old is Jenn?