511. Eliminate only one letter in the word that fits the first definition to
realize the second.
Take a letter form another word for earth and make something circular.
Take a letter from a word for a colored liquid and get a liquid measure.
514. Daniel, my son, is exactly one fifth of my age. In 21 years time, I will be exactly twice his age. My wife is exactly seven times older than my daughter, Jessica. In 8 years time, my wife will be three times older then Jessica. How old are Daniel and Jessica now?
517. Fill in each of the blanks below with a word that means the same as the words
on either side.
(mail) ____________ (piece of wood often supporting a fence)
(area in front or _____________ behind a house) (a measurement)
520. Rachel has 5 more brothers than she has sisters. Her brother Ryan has 3 more brothers than he has sisters. If there are no more than 10 siblings, how many boys and girls are in the immediate family?
521. I know what my job is, the point has been made.
You say I have a big head, and you're right, I'm afraid
Put me in my place, and then leave me alone,
What I need most, is for someone to drive me home.
What am I?
523. What is the 5-digit number in which the first two digits are the address of the British Prime Minister, the third digit is three times the first, the fourth digit is the sum of the first and the third digits, and the fifth digit is the sum of the third and fourth?
525. Four friends are going to a party that begins in 17 minutes and they must all cross a bridge
to get there. It is night time and there is only one flashlight. A maximum of 2 people can cross the bridge at one time. Any party who crosses, either 1 or 2
people, must have the flashlight with them. The flashlight must be walked back and forth (it cannot be thrown, etc). Each person walks at a different pace. A
pair must walk together at the rate of the slower person's pace:
Bryan:- 1 minute to cross
Eve:- 2 minutes to cross
Allan:- 5 minutes to cross
Louis:- 10 minutes to cross
Can you get them across in time?