451. There seems to be only one other word that can be made from the letters in
the word IMPORTUNATE. Can you find it?
452. Start with the number of plums Jack Horner pulled out of his pie, add the
number of days Noah endured a deluge and then add the street number of the home of the President of the United States. What's the answer?
453. Can you name the only bird that can fly upside down? (it's a commonly
454. Two people are flipping coins. Each time, they bet $1 apiece. At the end, one
person won $3 and the other one won three times. How many games did they play?
455. A palindrome for you!
What do you call a dog who lived with the Plains Indians in a very friendly manner?
_ _ _ E _ _
456. Alex, twelve years old, is three times as old as his sister. How old will
Alex be when he is twice as old as his sister?
457. Two soldiers have been ordered to do the following chores:
1. Peel potatoes.
2. Do the dishes.
3. Mow the lawn.
Each of these chores, when done by one person, takes one hour. How could they perform all of the work in as little time as possible. They have only
one knife, one lawn mower, and one sink with room for one person?
458. The equation 143 + 586 = 729 uses all of the digits from 1 to 9 only once
each. There are many combinations of those numbers that will deliver the same result. Can you name 3 of them?
459. Find the word that fits the first definition, then add an "S" in
front of it to make a new word that matches the second definition.
Put an "S" in front of considerable height, and make a home for a horse.
Put an "S" in front of a geometric shape, and get a Scottish delicacy.
460. How long is a rope that is 2 yards shorter than another rope that is three
times the length of the first rope?
461. A man went into his local post office, walked up to the lady behind the
counter, proffered a dollar, and said, "Give me some 2¢ stamps, ten times as many 1¢ stamps, and the balance in 5¢ stamps." How was this puzzling
462. Make a dent in your mental energy and complete the word below by filling in
the missing letters.
I _ _ _ G _ _ F _ C _ _ T
463. What would logically come next in this sequence?
S30 031 N30
464. What phrase is represented by the arrangement below?
YOO HOO WILD
465. Figure out the pattern in the series below and fill in the blank.
1 8 ? 64 125