31. Can you complete the word below by filling in the missing letters?
_ P _ _ E _ I O
_ O _ _
32. The names of 2 US cities are hidden in the sentence below. Can you find
them? The letters are in consecutive order.
There was a scandal, lasting for months, about Roy and his politics.
33. You show up for Monday's class and find that it's been postponed. It will be
held three days after the day before the day after tomorrow. What day should you show up?
34. In a contest to guess the number of balloons in a bunch, Alice guessed 31, Betty
guessed 29, Carol guessed 23, Denise guessed 25, and Edith guessed 27. Two were wrong by 2, and two were wrong by 4. The other was correct. How
many balloons were there and who guessed right?
35. What 3 words, formed from different arrangements of the same 6 letters, will complete
the sentence below?
"This park is not open to the public," the
______________ ______________ the trespasser, "so you'll be liable to
a fine if you continue to _______________ around here."
36. What 3-digit number (including a decimal point) will give you the same answer whether
you subtract 5 or divide by 5?
37. There are 6 letter words in the English language that do not contain the letters A, E,
I, O, or U. Can you name any of them?
38. The combined ages of Peggy and her mother total 26. Peggy's mother is exactly
25 years older than Peggy. How old is Peggy?
39. The word REIS has three useful anagrams. Can you find all three?
40. At my favorite fruit stand in Puzzleland, an orange costs 18¢, a pineapple costs
27¢, and a grape costs 15¢. Using the same logic, can you tell how much a mango would cost?
41. Which is more, the number of seconds in 100 hours or the number of inches in 100 yards?
42. What 2 numbers will give you an answer of 36 when the smaller is subtracted
from the larger and an answer of 1,440 when one is multiplied by the other?
43. Add a "J" to each group of 4 letters, then rearrange the 5 letters
in each group to form a 5 letter word.
44. If 6 puzzle solvers can solve 12 puzzles in 12 minutes, how long should it take a
single puzzle solver to solve 60 puzzles?
45. If OLLIE amounts to 31,770 and ELSIE is worth just 197 less, what value
should you place on LESLIE?