377. A Chicago lawyer and his wife went to Switzerland for a vacation. While they
were skiing in the Alps, the wife skidded over a precipice and was killed. Back in Chicago an airline clerk read about the accident and immediately phoned the
police. The lawyer was arrested and tried for murder.
The clerk did not know the lawyer or his wife. Nothing he'd heard or seen made him suspect foul play until he read about the accident in the paper. Why did he call the police?
378. I am a fire. Change one letter and I am a knife. Change another letter and I am a clearing. Change another letter and I am a rank. Change one final letter and I am a fruit. What was I and what did I become?
381. Often talked of, never seen,
Ever coming, never been,
Daily looked for, never here,
Still approaching, coming near.
Thousands for it's visit wait
But alas for their fate,
Although they expect me to appear,
They will never find me here.
What is the poem referring to?
383. When liquid splashes me, none seeps through. When I am moved a lot, liquid I spew. When I am hit, color I change. And color, I come in quite a range. What I cover is very complex, and I am very easy to flex. What am I?
384. You see 2 brothers standing at a fork of a road. There are 2 paths which you can go; one leads to treasures and wealth and one leads to grave misfortune. You can only choose one path to proceed and there is no turning back. You are only allowed to ask one of them one question, but one of them always lies and one of them always tells the truth (you don't know which is which). What question would you ask?
386. A certain family consists of 1 grandfather, 1 grandmother, 2 fathers, 2 mothers, 4 children, 3 grandchildren, 1 brother, 2 sisters, 2 sons, 2 daughters, 1 father-in-law, 1 mother-in-law, and 1 daughter-in-law. How many people are there altogether?
388. A ship is battling against the tide to safety. It uses 9.5 gallons of fuel every hour and sails at 23 mph. It is 34 miles from safety but the flow against it is 12 mph. It has 30 gallons of fuel left. Will it reach safety?
390. A boy leaves home in the morning to go to school. At the moment he leaves the house he looks at the clock in the mirror. The clock has no number indication and for this reason the boy makes a mistake in interpreting the time (mirror-image). Just assuming the clock must be out of order, the boy cycles to school, where he arrives after twenty minutes. At that moment the clock at school shows a time that is two and a half hours later than the time that the boy saw on the clock at home. At what time did he reach school?