16. What word is represented by the letters below?
17. That attorney is my brother, testified the accountant. But the attorney
testified he didn't have a brother. Who is lying?
18. If you reverse the digits of my age, you have the age of my daughter. A year ago, I was twice her age. How old are we both now?
19. Kev, Berni and James like coffee, but John, Mathew and Prichard don't. Does
Simon like coffee?
20. Traffic was really bad going to work this morning. I only managed to average 30 mph. At what speed must I travel home tonight to average 60 mph for the entire round trip?
21. What is represented by this Wacky Word? (check our website if you're not familiar with Wacky Words)
22. An Arab sheik tells his two sons to race their camels to a distant city to
see who will inherit his fortune. The one whose camel is slower will win. The brothers, can't figure out how they can have a fair race under that
condition. After wandering aimlessly for days, they ask a wise man for advice. After hearing his advice they jump onto the camels and race as fast as they
can to the distant city. What did the wise man say to them?
23. What is the number that is 2 more than one-tenth of one-fifth of one-tenth of 1,000?
24. You can buy 3 bags of jellybeans and 2 bags of chocolate chips for 24¢,
which was under their limit of a quarter. You can also get 4 bags of chocolates and 2 bags of jellybeans for the same 24¢. How much did each
bag of chocolates cost?
25. Fill in the blanks below with a word that has the same meanings as the words on
either side. (plunder) ____________ (bag)
(shoreline) ____________ (slide)
26. If 4 oranges and 6 apples cost $1.30, and 6 oranges and 4 apples cost $1.20, how
many oranges can you buy for $1.00?
27. Stopping along the trail to rest, Judy saw that one-third of the rest of the group from
the Girl Scouts was behind her and three-fourths were ahead. Not counting Judy, what was the total number in her group?
28. Eliminate 1 of the 14 letters listed below and make one 13 letter word. ( the 14th letter
is only there to make the puzzle harder ).
A D D E E I I I L M R T W Z
29. Fill in the blanks below to complete three words that
contain the letters OCT.
O C _ _ _ T ( supernatural )
O _ _ _ _ _ C T ( hinder )
O _ _ _ _ C _ T _ ( confuse )
30. Sue is now four-fifths of her sister Kate's age. Three
years ago, she was one-half her sister's age. Five years from now, Sue will be nine-tenths of Kate's age. If they are both under age 10, how old
are they now?