260. What two words formed from different arrangements of the following ten
letters will complete the sentence below?
E E I I N O P R T T
The _________________ was so anxious to prove his case that he bored the adjudicator with his frequent _______________.
262. Four couples are going to the movies. Each row holds eight seats. Betty and Jim don't want to sit next to Alice and Tom, and Alice and Tom don't want to sit next to Gertrude and Bill. On the other hand, Sally and Bob don't want to sit next to Betty and Jim. How can the couples arrange themselves so that they all sit where they would like?
263. My friend Mike, who is a bus driver, was telling me that recently he was driving a bus full of people and no one got off on the way. At the end of the journey, there was not a single person on the bus. How is this possible?
264. In a duty free store, Jack bought a suit for $200. This included a 10% tax for stain protection, and a 10% tax for service charge to exchange his dollars into pesos and a 5% tip for the salesman. ( the extra charges were based on the original price. ) How much would the suit have cost without all the extras.
265. The same five letters can be rearranged into two separate words to fill in
The caveman shook a primitive sort of _ _ _ _ _ . It was too heavy to use against some of the faster animals, but it seemed to work against _ _ _ _ _ .
266. A mixed packet of nuts contains 1 pound of walnuts and 2 pounds of Brazil nuts. It costs exactly $2. A packet containing 4 pounds of filberts and 1 pound of walnuts costs $3. And for only $1.50, you can buy a mixed packet of 3 pounds of almonds, 1 pound of walnuts, and 1 pound of filberts. How much should you pay for a mixture of 1 pound of each of the four kinds of nuts?
267. Find the word that fits the first definition, then add a "W"
in front to make a new word that matches the second definition.
Place a "W" in front of an excavation to make it complete.
Place a "W" in front of anger and get an outdated word for a telegram.
268. One morning a man is leaving on business trip and finds he left some paperwork at his office. He runs into his office to get it and the night watchman stops him and says, "Sir, don't get on the plane. I had a dream last night that the plane would crash and everyone would die!" The man takes his word and cancels his trip. Sure enough the plane crashes and everyone dies. The next morning the man gives the watchman a $1,000 reward for saving his life and then fires him. Why did he fire the watchman that saved his life?