243. The logic professor posted a notice on his class door: "Class is canceled today. We will meet again at 2:00 P.M. three days after two days before the day before tomorrow." What day does the class meet?
244. The black and white minstrels decided to do a red, white and blue jubilee routine. As you probably know, there are 48 minstrels. 16 of them have red hair, 16 have dark hair, and 16 have fair hair. In their jubilee routine, 16 wear red costumes, 16 wear white costumes, and 16 wear blue costumes. At dress rehearsal, someone noticed that three of the white-costumed minstrels has red hair, and five of the red-costumed dancers had fair hair. Furthermore, no two hair color/costume color groups had the same number of dancers. So, how many of the dark-haired minstrels wore blue costumes in the jubilee routine?
246. Take the word ORIENTALS. Delete one letter and rearrange the remaining letters to make another word. Now, delete one letter from this new word and rearrange the remaining letters to make another new word. Keep repeating the procedure until there is only one letter left.
247. Each of the following words contains the letters APR somewhere. Using the definitions, fill in the words.
A fruit: A P R _ _ _ _
Took by force: _ A P _ _ R _ _
Sign of the zodiac: _ A P R _ _ _ _ _
250. It's hard to keep within a budget. Jennifer was preparing for her class's April Spring Party. She had been given money from the common fun to use. She spent half of it plus $2.00 for a nice cake. Then she spent half of what she had left plus $2.00 for decorations. Then she spent half of what she had left plus $1.00 for candy. At that point she was out of money. How much did she have to start with?
251. Find the word that fits the first definition, then add an "S" in front of it to make a new word that matches the second definition.
Place an "S" in front of relatives, and get a part of the body.
Place an "S" before a jab, and get the past tense of speak.
253. Figure out the word concealed in the following poem:
My first is in silly but not in fool
My second in pupil but not in school
My third in read and also in write
My fourth in glimpse and also light
My fifth in ten but not in three
My last in glad and also glee
My whole a season of the year
That's clue enough to solve it here
255. If given this arrangement of letters:
_ _ T R _ _ C H
You can fill out both pairs of blanks with the same 2 letters to make a word. In this case E N, in both spots produces the word ENTRENCH. Can you figure out the pair of letters needed to make words of the following:
a. _ _ I D _ _ L E
b. _ _ R M _ _ L S
c. _ _ R E _ _ C K
d. _ _ U R _ _ E S
e. _ _ C A _ _ N T
f. _ _ I L _ _ S Y
g. _ _ M I _ _ Z E
h. _ _ V E _ _ R N
i. _ _ S T _ _ N E
j. _ _ M A _ _ E S