197. AB + CD + (EF/GH) + (I/J) = 100
Each of the ten digits, from 0 to 9 has been used once and only once in the construction of the above sum. Can you replace the letters with the digits? There is more than one valid answer!
198. Find the word that fits the first definition, then add a "Y" to the end of it to make a new word that matches the second definition.
Add a "Y" to some cooking utensils, and find a flower.
Add a "Y" to a body appendage, and find a fighting force.
201. Arrange the ten digits 0 to 9 in three arithmetical sums, using three of the four operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, and
using no signs except the ordinary ones implying those operations. Here is an example to make it quite clear:
3 + 4 = 7 9 - 8 = 1 5 X 6 = 30
But, the example is not correct, as the number 2 has not been used and the number 3 has been used twice. Can you come up with a valid solution?
202. One four-letter word will fit on all three lines below to make new words with the word preceding and the word following. (example:
IN DOOR STOP) The same 4-letter word must be used for all 3 lines. What's
BACK _______ SOME
FREE _______ MADE
SECOND _______ BAG
203. Several cartons of candy are being shipped from a manufacturer to warehouses where they will be prepackaged to sell to stores. The candy in each carton needs to be divided equally among 3, 4, 5, or 7 stores. What is the least number of pieces of candy that each carton can have?
205. Kevin flew to Puzzleland at the fantastic speed of 1000 miles per hour. There he picked up his friend and flew back, burdened by the extra weight, at only 500 miles per hour. What was his average speed?
206. Can you find common English words containing the following groups of three letters consecutively? For example, MMU exists in AMMUNITION, but
you should be able to come up with an alternative word.
BBT GGH MMU SSP FFH HHO
NNK TTH RRH KKN PPH VVY
209. In this type of verse "first" and "second" and so on refer to the individual letters of a word. Find the correct letter for
each definition or explanation, and complete the word.
My first is in sugar but not in tea
My second in swim but not in sea
My third in apple and also pear
My fourth in ring and also hare
My last in ten but not in herd
My whole a very complimentary word.